We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s hard to imagine your wedding day without the girls by your side, so once you’ve found your bridesmaids, it’s time to show them how much you appreciate their love and support. As a bridesmaid myself, I know that being part of a bride’s big day is truly an honor, but it can also be stressful. So, we’ve rounded up some tips on how to make sure you and your girls have the best time together as possible! From personalized jewelry to comfy shoes, these must-have details will make any girl feel like the best bridesmaid ever!
FIRST THINGS FIRST, ASK THE RIGHT PEOPLE
The first thing you need to do when planning your bridal party is ask the right people. Asking the right people means asking people who will be there for you on your wedding day, but it also means asking people who are in the same life stage as you.
Asking someone to be in your bridal party can feel like a big deal because they’re going to be there with you while you get married, so it’s important that they’re able to help out with things like planning and organizing as well.
If someone says yes then great! But if not then don’t worry about it too much because there will always be more opportunities down the road (like when she gets engaged).
PLAN A GIRL’S WEEKEND
There are so many ways to plan a girl’s weekend, but we recommend you start with the basics.
- Plan a spa day.
- Go shopping.
- Have dinner and drinks with your girls, or get together for brunch on Sunday morning (or both!).
- Take in some culture at an art museum or gallery, then go out for lunch afterwards! Or maybe you’d like to take your bridesmaids to a movie and then grab dinner afterward? Whatever the plan is, make sure it’s something fun that everyone will enjoy.
You want your bridal party to look cohesive, but not matchy. The color and style of their dresses should be in a similar vein as the wedding dress for an overall cohesive look.
The bride’s personality is another factor worth considering when choosing bridesmaids’ dresses. If she’s more conservative and classic, choose dresses that are less daring (but still cute). If she isn’t afraid to show some skin or wear unique styles, feel free to go wild!
If your friend has a good sense of humor or just loves attention, make sure her BFF is also included in this special day—even if it means letting her wear something outrageous!
MAKE YOURSELF A NEW RING DELIVERY BOX
- Make a special box for the ring
- Add a bow
- Add a note that says “open me”
- Add a note that says “hope you like your ring”
- Add a note that says “congratulations!”
- Add a note that says “you’re the best!”
SET A DRESS CODE
The first thing to think about when planning a dress code is fun. The bridal party is a celebration of your marriage, so it’s important to include your friends in the festivities by having them dress up and have fun too!
The next thing you need to think about when planning a dress code is comfort level. This will make sure everyone feels comfortable with what they’re wearing, which will make for better pictures and video clips later on down the line.
The next thing you’ll want to consider when putting together a wedding party style guide (or just determining what you want each person in your bridal party wearing) is accessibility—how much do these clothes cost? Is there something that fits within everyone’s budget? If not, maybe something from last season would work better; try thrift stores or even eBay!
Finally, make sure that whatever you choose as an outfit code fits both reality (i.e., won’t be too hot/cold outside) and also within whatever theme(s) might exist at their location(s). For example: if we were getting married this weekend instead of April 22nd at Timberline Lodge near Mount Hood… well then maybe it wouldn’t matter so much what time of year it was because who cares about snowfall predictions when I could get married right now instead?
MATCHING BRIDAL PARTY DATE NIGHT T-SHIRTS
Customized tee shirts are a fun way to celebrate the bride-to-be and her bridesmaids! You can customize your tee shirt however you want, so the possibilities are endless. If you want to show off your favorite sports team or hobby, go for it! If you’re more into saying what’s on your mind with an offbeat slogan or personal quote, do that too! Tee shirts are also a great way to show off each bridesmaid’s personality with their own unique color scheme and design.
GIVE YOUR GIRLS SOME SWAG
The bride is the center of attention on her big day, but don’t forget to give your girls some swag! After all, it’s their job to make sure you look stunning, so they deserve a little something for their efforts. Here are some ideas for what to get your bridal party:
- Give each one of your bridesmaids a personalized keepsake—like custom engraved water bottles or mason jars with their names etched on them. They’ll love having something with their name and the wedding date on it in their home afterwards!
- Get each girl something cute to wear at the bachelorette party (like these custom printed shirts). You’ll want everyone looking their best! And don’t forget about yourself—this would be a great time to buy yourself an outfit as well (if money isn’t an issue).
- Make sure everyone has enough room in their suitcase by packing some shoes that won’t take up too much space (like these cute boots) so that they have room for other things like clothes or other accessories.
CUSTOM EARRINGS OR NECKLACES FOR YOUR GIRLS
When it comes to your bridal party, you want to make sure that all their gifts are just as special as their friendship. Giving them custom jewelry is a great way to do that because no two pieces will ever look exactly alike—and that’s what makes this gift so special. The best part? It doesn’t have to be expensive or hard on your budget! Here are some tips for making sure everyone gets the right type of jewelry:
- Make sure they’re well made. This means they don’t fall apart easily and won’t tarnish over time (or even worse, break). You can check out reviews online before buying anything off Amazon or Ebay; if there aren’t any reviews yet then try looking for other people who have bought similar items from one seller before but not from another seller within that same category (ex: “bangle bracelets”) – this way you won’t end up wasting money on something cheap just because someone else did!
- Make sure they fit correctly – size matters here! If you’re ordering these items online then check out measurements beforehand so nothing goes wrong after receiving them in person (we’ve all been there). If purchasing locally then try them on before committing yourself fully by paying full retail price first; if possible opt instead towards renting an item temporarily until deciding whether or not its worth keeping long term.”
KEEP THEM HYDRATED AND FED!
Make sure your guests are properly hydrated by providing them with plenty of water throughout the day. You might also want to consider offering other non-alcoholic beverages as well, like sparkling water or fruit juices. Keep in mind that while alcohol can make you feel more relaxed and happy, it can also lead you down a path of bad decisions (like getting sloppy drunk as soon as the clock strikes five). If you’re looking for a way to keep your guests feeling good without having any adverse effects on their health or behavior, these options will do just fine!
COMFY BRIDESMAID SHOES ARE AN ABSOLUTE MUST!
Comfortable bridesmaid shoes are a must. You’re going to be on your feet for hours, so you need something that won’t make your feet ache or cause blisters. If you can, it’s best not to wear heels at all. Try wide-fitting flats or kitten heels instead—chances are there will be dancing at some point (yay!), and you want to make sure everyone is comfortable while they boogie the night away!
- The dress code: Comfort first!
- Don’t forget about comfort when choosing your bridesmaids’ dresses too—you’ll want them looking their best as they walk down that aisle with you, but not if it means sacrificing comfort in favor of style (or vice versa).
MAKE UP BAGS WITH EVERYTHING THEY NEED FOR WEDDING DAY! MAYBE INCLUDE A FUN LIP STAIN AND SOME HANDSANITIZER.
If your friends are anything like mine, they’ll be overjoyed to receive a goody bag at their bridal shower. It’s the perfect opportunity to stuff them with everything they might need on the big day—and it’s a great way to make sure that no one forgets anything.
Makeup bags are a great idea for bridesmaids because they can contain so many different things! You could include lip stains, hand sanitizer and maybe even some fun nail polish colors.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We hope that you have a wonderful time planning the event, and we wish the bridal party much joy in all of their festivities together. Remember, it’s important to make sure everyone has a place where they feel comfortable, whether that be a spa treatment or an exciting night out on the town. If you want more tips for how to take some stress off your wedding planning process, check out our other blogs!