We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We’ve compiled a list of inspirational ideas for throwing a rustic bridal shower.
1. Rustic Bridal Shower Invitation Box
One of the best ways to throw a rustic bridal shower is by creating your own invitation box. This is a great way to dress up your invitations and make them stand out from others.
This is also one of the easiest ways to add some personality and style. If you don’t want to spend a lot on an expensive box, simply cut down a piece of wood and paint it! You can even use old cookie tins or tin cans!
2. Vintage Crate Bridal Shower Card Box
For the most part, finding a vintage crate is as easy as heading to a craft store or checking out yard sales. If you want to take it up a notch, you could even invest in repurposing an old wooden barn door into a crate for the occasion. For this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to turn an old cookie box into your card box by adding some chalkboard paint and ribbon around the edges.
This party trick has two benefits: 1) Your guests will have plenty of space for their cards and 2) You’ll have a cute keepsake at the end of your party!
3. Rustic Wood and Burlap Bridal Banner
We love the rustic feel of burlap, so we’re using it to make our ribbon. We also decided to use burlap for the flowers and tablecloths. To make your own bridal banner, you will need:
- Burlap ribbon (we bought ours at Michaels)
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hole punch (optional)
- Hanging hook or wooden dowel
4. Rustic mason jar with lights hanging bridal shower centerpiece
To make a rustic mason jar with lights hanging bridal shower centerpiece, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Rustic mason jar (one per guest)
- 3-5 white LED light strands (one per guest)
- Ribbon or twine to hang from the ceiling (about $1.50 per strand)
To make your rustic mason jar centerpiece, follow these steps:
- Fill each mason jar about halfway with sand and then layer on rocks and sea glass as desired. The weight of these items will help keep your mason jars from tipping over once you add water and flowers. The beauty of using clear jars is that guests can see all the way through it rather than just having an opaque vase sitting there without anything special about it! This makes them more interesting for everyone who looks at them throughout the evening’s festivities.”
5. Sweetheart table decorations with barn wood backdrop, burlap table runner and lanterns
In order to pull off a sweetheart table, you’ll need to have some rustic décor on hand. The easiest way to do this is by using barn wood as the backdrop for your sweets table. For your runner, use burlap material in varying shades of tan or brown—the darker colors will help make it stand out against your barn board backdrop. Lastly, pick up some lanterns (or even better yet: use old mason jars) and fill them with candles that match the color scheme of your shower. Once you’ve done these things, you’ll be ready for guests!
6. Personalize your rustic bridal shower invitation with a floral monogram
You can personalize your rustic bridal shower invitation with a floral monogram.
For example, if you have a nickname for your bride-to-be, use that as part of the monogram. Or if you’re throwing a farm wedding, maybe incorporate some animals into your design.
In addition to this being a lovely detail that will make people smile when they open their invitations, it also makes it easy to differentiate between the different types of envelopes that might be in the box (for example: “Please mark one ‘Maid’ or ‘Matron of Honor'”).
7. Rustic design place settings with burlap and lace napkins and name tags on mason jars full of flowers
- Place settings: You can use burlap, lace or any other type of rustic fabric for the place settings. You can get creative and make your own place cards with names and table numbers on them.
- Mason jars full of flowers: Mason jars are great for this since they’re so versatile (you can use them for so many things!)
- Name tags on mason jars full of flowers: Mason jars are perfect for this! They look lovely filled with fresh cut flowers and tied up with twine and a little tag that says who the flowers are from. The best part is they will last forever as long as you don’t crush them!
8. Cozy rustic bridal shower decor with pine cone garland, mason jars full of flowers, candlelight and burlap accents
- Pine cone garland is a unique way to decorate and add texture.
- Mason jars are an inexpensive way to display flowers. You can fill them with anything you like, but this would be especially cute if you added some pine cones or small leaves in the mason jar too.
- Candlelight always creates a warm, inviting atmosphere. It’s also a great way to use all those candles that have been sitting around the house for months collecting dust!
- Burlap is perfect for any rustic bridal shower theme because it’s so versatile—you can use burlap as table runners, napkin rings, table cloths and more!
9. Rustic Cake Table Backdrop for Outdoor Wedding or Event! Bride and Groom Names! Free-Standing, DIY Reception Décor!
Buy a large piece of wood. A good size for this project is about 2 feet by 3 feet. Make sure that the wood is not rough and splintered, but smooth and sanded down.
Use a saw to cut the wood into two equal pieces that are as wide as you want your heart to be, but no taller than your table or booth top. The width should be about 6 inches so it doesn’t look awkward when you stand back from it at an angle and try to view it like normal people would see things in their everyday life (we don’t live on Pinterest all day). You may need someone else to help hold one end while you cut with another person holding another end (but only one person touches the saw!). This part can take some time so make sure everyone knows how long it might take before they commit!
Once both pieces have been cut out, sand them down again until smooth enough so there are no splinters left behind anywhere along their length when touched lightly with fingertips while wearing gloves made especially for this purpose including cleaning bathrooms without getting germs everywhere because there’s always hand sanitizer nearby just waiting for us…if we’re lucky enough!. Try different techniques until satisfied; most importantly though is making sure these don’t hurt anyone (or yourself!)!
10. Whimsical rustic wedding cake stand decorated with pinecones, burlap and lace ribbon, greenery and berries
- Whimsical rustic wedding cake stand decorated with pinecones, burlap and lace ribbon, greenery and berries
- Vintage door with chalkboard sign
11. Chalkboard sign on vintage door (Would be cute to use as decoration in the yard while guests are arriving)
- Chalkboard sign on vintage door (Would be cute to use as decoration in the yard while guests are arriving)
This is a fun idea, and would be even more fun if it was used as a welcome sign out front. You could write the bride and groom’s name on it, or if you’re feeling crafty enough to make your own chalkboard signs, you can write something like “Congratulations!” or “Happy Wedding Day!” If you don’t want to make your own chalkboard, there are plenty of options for pre-made ones online that would probably look just as great!
Hopefully these ideas have inspired you! They’re all easy enough to do, and with a little creativity and determination you can make your rustic bridal shower one that people talk about for years to come.